I didn’t have a therapy session last week, so no update for now.
I thought I would speak about my anxiety songs!
When I am having a down day caused by the strain of anxiety I sometimes listen to my ‘anxiety playlist’ to motivate myself out of this mood and give me the F@%K YOU ANXIETY attitude. It is great when I am driving somewhere blaring out my chosen songs and singing them (terribly) too.
Music is great for a lot of things, to get your emotions out, to make you feel happy, to bring back a memory and listening to my anxiety songs does help release the tension.
So I thought I would share some of my chosen songs with you.
- Queen – I want to break free. This is self explanatory really ‘I want to break free’ from my anxiety, plus I love Queen and if I am watching the music video it always makes me laugh.
2. Baz Lurmann – Everybody is free to wear sunscreen. A whole inspiring speech over a mellow background, no matter what you are feeling down about this song and its lyrics will bring some positivity into your life!
3. The Beatles – Let it be. I love The Beatles and when I am on a real big downer and need something to curl up into a ball to, this is my first choice. It helps me unwind.
4. Cat Stevens- Wild World. A soft number, it really is a wild world and this number really calms me down.
5. The Killers – This is your life. Yes it is my life and I love Brandon Flowers and The Killers. A number to drive to.
6. And something a bit more up beat Simple Minds – Don’t you forget about me. I love stupidly dancing around to this, it always puts me in a good mood.
I have thousands of favourite songs, THOUSANDS! I love music and the way it can make me feel. But this small selection really does help my anxiety (I am sure I have forgotten to add some). Try them you never know.
Let me know your chosen anxiety songs.